Saturday, July 26, 2008

Loving the Unexpected

I never expected that I would be living in Eden, NC. Until college I had never even heard of the small town northwest of Greensboro. However, when job opportunites were slim in the mountains, I was encouraged to send out resumes all over NC...and I did. About a week after I sent the resumes I got a call from Rockingham Co. High School. I took the call...took the interview...and took the job.

Preparing for the move has been quite a process and the actual move was a bit crazy. Preparing to live by myself for the first time has also been a little scary. For the past 2 years I've lived with 2 of my best friends. Going from 2 best friends to just me is a daunting thought. After setting up the apartment and making it a bit 'homey' has made me feel a little better.

I still haven't gotten totally used to the thought that I will be alone. Several hours from friends, from home, and in a new town. But I also have friends close by and everyone I have met in Eden has been amazingly nice. (I love nice people)

This is a new chapter. All my friends, it seems, are starting new chapters in their 'life books'. It's fun to begin life in a new town. How it all goes down is anyone's guess, but it should be a fun ride. :)

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...