Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thoughts on Life...Lately

I always have a lot of thoughts swirling around my mind.  If my mind had a mental recorder, this blog would be filled with tons of posts about the life I lead.  Boring it might be, but I always want to write about my musings on life.

Lately, I've really been "realizing" my age.  I'm 26.  When I look back on the life plan that I thought I would have (granted this was planned in middle school), there are several things that haven't turned out the way I thought.  I thought that I'd be engaged, possibly married by now.  Every time I see a baby, I have a deep longing to be a mother.  It's more of a tug now than ever before.  I have always wanted to be a mother, but was obviously fine with just snuggling with other people's babies.  Now, there is more of a desire to be a mother.  To snuggle with my own child.  Teach morals, values, letters, and books to a small person.  I get to be a mother every day to 90 students, but it'd be nice to have one of my own!

I know that life is planned in a certain way for a certain purpose.  I get that.  I wouldn't want to rush things.  I doubt I could handle a dog at the moment, so why do I think I could handle another little human being?  I know that patience is a virtue, and I'm really trying to "get that" and be okay with it, but boy is it hard sometimes!

In the month of November, I am more aware of all the wonderful things around me.  All the things to be truly thankful for.  My list is overflowing, and I'm happy that I have such a wonderful group of friends, sweet family, and a good job.  There's always something inside me wondering what the next step is.  What should I do next?  But, I'm trying to live in the moment.  Bask in the multitude of thanks that I feel. When it is time to leap onto the next step, I will jump and do it.  I just hope it's an obvious one!

1 comment:

Codi said...

Living in the moment is how we realize how amazing this life truly is. My favorite verse is about doing this very thing. It helped me through some very tough times, and I hope you enjoy it: So dont worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today. Matthew 6:34 NLT

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...