Sunday, January 8, 2012

Resolutions and other Clichés


Resolutions.  How many of these have I made over the years?  If we counted all the ones that everyone made on January 1st, I’m sure we’d have enough to cover every topic humanly possible!  I’m no exception.  I’ve made countless resolutions that usually end up broken by…oh…January 2nd.  Maybe next week…maybe the next…let’s just start at Spring…well, Summer?  Oh well, it’s close to the end of the year…maybe next new years?  This is literally the conversation I have with myself every. single. year.  So I’m going to throw out my resolutions with hope…and I can only pray that maybe this will be the year they stick.

I’m already (in typical Coley style) a week late, but starting tomorrow, I’m hoping to begin 2 of my goals (though I have several more).  Let us begin:

  1. COUCH TO 5K – This has been something I’ve wanted to do for a long time.  One of my former students told me about this a couple years ago and I attempted it once, but didn’t stick with it (shocking, I know).  It’s a great program because it eases you into running.  There’s a beautiful trail right by my school and I am going to start tomorrow!  The program lasts for several weeks, but the ultimate goal is a 5k.  There is one in Greenville, SC in March that I’m contemplating, but I’m going to see how this week goes!  I’ll keep you posted… J
  1. Special K Diet – I’ve have tried this several times, always with good results.  However, after I lose a few pounds I tend do go back to the om nom nom stage and eat back the pounds.  I do love this diet though because of a few reasons.  1) It’s pretty easy.  It makes sense.  I need simple!  2 meals of cereal, 2 snacks in between, and then one ‘normal’ (understanding it’s a healthy normal) meal.  2) The choices are yummy!  I love the cereal and the snacks.  Most of the cereals (my fave is chocolate delight and the strawberry) are delish!  The snacks are good too.  3) It only lasts 2 weeks.  At that point you can re-evaluate and see where you want to go from there. 
  1. Devotional – I want to take 5-10 minutes at the beginning of my day to devote to my relationship with God.  My mom gave me a great book that just takes a couple minutes to read over and then I also get a wonderful e-mail devotional that is awesome.  If you’re ever looking for an online e-mail devotional, I highly recommend Stillspeaking Devotionals.  They’re great.  My friend, Caroline, introduced them to me a little over a year ago and I’ve really enjoyed reading them.
  1. BLOG MORE – Ah, the same one!  I swear, I have the best intentions with this blog, but get…blogged down…haha, see what I did there?  Anywho, I’d like to write more.  Not only on this blog, but the other blog I share with my dear friend Courtney.  I have a lot to write about now, and hopefully this will keep me accountable.
That’s all for now.  I have a couple more goals that are a little bit crazier and personal.  I’ll save those for later.  We’ll see how these go and then I might share!  Wish me luck!  One of my best friends, Casey, is also doing the Special K Diet and Couch to 5K too, so you should check out her presh blog.   I’ll keep the 4 of you that read this posted J

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I am doing the Couch to 5K, too! Tomorrow will start my second week and boy did I realize last week how out of shape I am haha. Hopefully we'll be more successful with this than we were with the gym in college! Haha! Another teacher on my grade level is doing it with me so that extra support helps and keeps me accountable. Good luck and keep me posted :)

Coley Barrier said...

That's awesome!! Maybe we can do a 5k in Greensboro!!

Kim Loye said...

Wow....this sounds great! Not only do you have goals, but you have a plan for obtaining them! Good luck! Oh, please keep those empty cereal boxes for me :-)

Sarah said...

We definitely should!!! I'll do some research on it!

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...