Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Brooks

She texted and said, "I have a baby!!"

My heart sighed with relief and my mouth arched into a huge smile.

All night long, I had been texting with Casey's sister, Donna, and she was kind enough to keep me right in the loop.  The whole day I was crazy anxious.  I kept checking my phone, texting Donna, praying, and hoping that Case and Brooks were going to be okay.

I remember this same anxiety last June when Rex was born.  Not being able to be at the hospital was painful.  We (the girls) encompassed Case in prayers and kept a check via texts.  Once we knew Case was in the "homestretch" we switched over to a text with me keeping the girls posted from my texts with Donna.  I'm eager to show Case that string of conversation!

After a very long day, I finally got the happy text from Donna, and then the heart relieving, never-been-so-happy-to-hear-my-phone-ding text from Case.  She said, "I have a baby!!".  I texted back and said, "You have a baby!"

My hands are anxious to hold him.  My arms are eager to hug Case and make sure she's okay.  My heart, though, oh, my heart is so happy.

Welcome to the world, Brooks!  You have so much love surrounding you!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...