Monday, October 24, 2016

Catching Up on Life!

I have been terrible with keeping up with my posts.  I always have so much to say, so much on my mind, so much to write...yet, I never actually go through with it and blog about it!

Here are the biggest things going on:

1. SCHOOL - I've been back at Freedom (my alma mater) for almost three months.  I've really been enjoying my time here.  The department is wonderful, the kids are (for the most part!) sweet, and it still smells the same!!  I'm actually teaching English I in the same classroom I was taught English 1!  It's been a full circle experience!!  FHS is about 1,000 students lighter than it was when I went here.  The class changes are much easier!  When I went here it was impossible to go from class to class without bumping and crawling along to each class!  Overall, I'm really happy with my move and pray that I continue to enjoy my time here.



2. BABIES - One of my best friends, Lindsey, is about 2 weeks out from having her first baby!!  I'm so thrilled for her and so excited to hold our newest GG baby.  We threw Linds and Baby K a shower in early September.  Linds isn't finding out the gender, so we went with a neutral "hot air balloon" theme.  Everything came together really well, and I think Linds enjoyed it!



I've also been able to spend a weekend here and there with my other "babies" - who aren't really babies anymore!!  I went up to my sister's house in TN last month and then Thad came and spent the night with me at the new house a few weeks ago.  We played legos, ate McDonalds, and watched tv - total auntie night!!



Last weekend, I was able to visit with Kelly, Casey, and their two kiddos, Brooks and Wyatt!  I always enjoy seeing the boys and it's been such a treat seeing them grow up!!



3. HOUSE - The biggest thing that's taken up my time is fixing up, going through, cleaning, and getting my grandmother's house ready to move in.  I've actually lived there for a month now.  It has been the most challenging, but rewarding adventure I've personally done in a long time.  In some way, shape, or form, all of my family has been there to help me get everything together.  My mom has been the biggest help.  She has cleaned, packed up and unpacked, redid floors, etc for almost two months now!!  I'm so thankful for all her help.  I'm also thankful for all of my family and friends who have helped me get everything together. I'm going to write a separate post detailing all we've done.  I pray that my grandmother would approve of all the changes and like them.  My cousin and I were saying last night that we wished we could've done some of this while she was alive so that she could've enjoyed it.  I hope she is watching over and protecting the house from above!


I will try to update more regularly.  I *think* things are starting to slow down a bit....maybe? Thanks for following along with me!


No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...