Friday, July 5, 2019

Pieces of Poetry

At the heart of vulnerability lies my poetry.  But, in the spirit of sharing, I'm throwing some of it down. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never wavering, I still lose touch
He keeps me in His hand
But I feel it's not enough

My child, why are you restless?
My child, why can't you see?
I've never lost faith in you,
Why do you in me?

CB 11/9/17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guided only by the dark, 
She slowly crawls from
One cliff to the next.
The only thing that connects
is a worn bridge. 

The bridge is weathered
Torn, bashed, falling apart.
Underneath the dark waters rush.

Foot in front of foot
She makes her way

But the wind
But the dark
But the isolation
It slows her down. 

It swings in the air
It buckles under the weight
It creaks in stubborn anger
It will not hold

Can I make it?
Is the light on the other side?
Can I hold on?

CB 12/11/17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In my mind
I write every day
All the things I want to say

In my mind 
The words just pour
Out into the bowl, given a stir

In my mind 
The flow is easy
Nothing but cool air, nice and breezy

In my mind 
Everything comes out
Screaming with a shout:

These are my words
This is my truth

Won't keep it in
Around and around, the words...they spin. 

CB 7/5/19


No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...