Friday, January 27, 2012

Read Forever

It's no secret that I love literature.  I adore books.  I love reading.  I am content with a quiet day and a good novel. My earliest memory is reading with my mom and sneaking books into bed, trying to read them with my night light.  I came across this poem last year and meant to post something about it, but forgot...oops!


Anywho...here you go!  I love the poem and have included the commercial.


READ FOREVER



Till all the books are read
And all the pens are put down
And everything there is to learn is learnt
Till tears are no longer shed
And the zingers have all zinged
And the irony is all ironed out
Till the heroes retire
and the monsters return to their dens
And all the plots are wrapped up
Till there are no more twists or turns
No more guns in drawers
No more shaggy dogs
Till rhymes stop rhyming
And pots stop boiling
And everyone is happy
And there’s nothing more to say
Till that day
By hook or by crook
By book or by nook
…..I will read.
(NOOK Color, Barnes and Noble Read Forever Commercial)


No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...