Monday, April 9, 2012

Spring Break 2012

I had a lovely Spring Break...it's hard to be back in the 'real' world.  Thank goodness I was able to 'ease' into the week with a workday.  I am taking a break from research papers to think back to a more relaxing time!

I began my week in Morganton.  Even though I didn't do a lot, I really enjoyed sleeping in, visiting my family, and just relaxing.  Last Monday I went to my grandmother's and got to see and spend time with my cousin. We went for a walk around the neighborhood.  My home church has recently purchased more land and for Easter they placed a HUGE cross on the lot.  You can see it from the road!

Dogwood flower - Granny explained the significance of this beautiful tree

Large cross on the church's lot - if you're in Motown, you should check it out!

Dogwood tree at my grandmother's house

 After a few days in Motown, I headed down to Pickens, SC to visit Casey.  I really tried to grade...I promise!  However, Hank wouldn't have it!


We headed down to Atlanta to visit Emory and check out the city.  We had a really good time!  I hadn't been to Atlanta in 10 years.  We stayed in a little suburb of Atlanta that was very retro and cool.  Cool?  I feel like I'm in middle school...I'm tapped out of other adjectives!!  The next day we checked out the city and campus.  Emory has a very unique (not in a bad way!) campus that was a mix of old school/modern/sleek.  I am really bombing with adjectives today...way to go English teacher!  None the less, just take my word for it, it was great!

Exploring Virginia Highlands and enjoying drinks!

A-town

Emory


Case at her future school?

 When we got back to Pickens, Casey's family was there to spend the weekend with her for Easter.  I got to spend some time with them.  Casey's sister has a precious daughter!  We had a fun time with sidewalk chalk, dying Easter eggs, reading, and even fit some shopping in!



I finished my week in Motown.  I went to church for Easter service and it was fantastic. The sermon was perfect, the flowers were beautiful,  and the music inspiring.  Granny had a rockin' lunch and then I went to see my mom's family.  All in all...a great ending to a perfect week.




I guess it's back to the 'grind' tomorrow!  I (strangely enough) have missed my students!  Not necessarily teaching itself or all the grading, notes, lessons, work...but, I have really enjoyed my students this semester.  As we enter the last 6 weeks, they'll be bittersweet!  I'm anxiously awaiting summer though!!


No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...