Sunday, April 1, 2012

Thoughts on Being Home...

I've only been here for a couple days, but Motown has helped me regain a sense of calm and peacefulness.  There are a few places that do that for me, but there's just something about this small town that captures my heart and gives me calm like no other.  If you've never been to Morganton (gasp, the thought!), I recommend a visit!  However, I imagine that it is special to me for different reasons.

I blogged last about the 'stresses' of work and all that comes with that gig.  I fully expected to find my 'zen' and welcome peace and Morganton didn't disappoint.  It's not that I've done that much...I've only left my parent's house twice in the past 2 days...but, I've loved just being at home and doing nothing!

The moments that have been special are the ordinary ones.  Talking to my mom.  Spending time with my grandmother.  Going to my childhood church.  Hugging the older women that have watched me grow since I was little. Finally getting a chance to read something that doesn't have to do with a lesson for school. Feeling safe under my parent's roof.

I've also enjoyed talking to my mom and grandmother about everything going on.  My favorite piece of advice came from Granny.  We were talking about how it seems like there is no pleasing some people.  She said, "Look at Jesus, He was perfect and people still didn't like him!  So true.

I am anticipating more visits sprinkled throughout the week with more family and friends.  I also have a fun jaunt planned with Case.  We're going to Atlanta to visit a potential college she might be going to.  We love an excuse for a road trip and a chance to catch up on singing duets!

I'm relishing in the mundane.  Loving the small, quiet moments, the..dare I say...delicious ambiguity of life.  I'm also enjoying my parents cooking for me...added bonus.  Happy Spring Break!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...