Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Catch Up #1 - Rando Late July and Early August

I have been trying my best to keep up with the blog.  I have some drafts written, but haven't published/posted anything in awhile.  I've been traveling quite a bit and trying to soak in the last bit of summer.  I've had a wonderful summer, and I can't believe that it's almost time to go back to school!  I've really tried to make the most of this summer and spend time in all the places I love with all the people I love.

Going back to school won't be easy, but I'm trying to maintain a positive attitude about it.  I'm fortunate to be in a profession that allows me to have my summer off.  I'm looking forward to seeing my students again and getting back to my regular schedule.

Being a teacher sets your mind on a different yearly schedule.  My "new" year is always in August versus January.  With that said, I have set some goals for myself during the school year.  Some I'm keeping to myself, but some I'm happy to share.  I want to continue to blog, but blog more about my lessons within the classroom.  I'm learning so many things with every year I teach, I want to share them.  I want to continue to keep up my reading!  I've read 2-4 books every month, which isn't a ton, but I've really enjoyed keeping up this simple pleasure.

So part one of this "catch up" is just some random pictures through the end of July and start of August.  I have been traveling, spending some time with friends, holding Rex (my new favorite thing in the world), and just enjoying the days.  Here are some pics:


Workshop life

Out to dinner with Kim for an entertaining meal!

Seriously, how cute is he?

Ohhhh Target. Ohhh beginning of school.

Monkey feet!

How we feel during workdays...

Happy 80th, Granny!  Holding her 3rd great-grandchild!!

Cake!

Grammy, Pop, and Rex


Cutie!


Mom's oasis

A rare pic of my family!

To be continued!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...