Monday, March 10, 2014

Brooks' Sip and See

This past Saturday, our group of friends hosted a "Sip and See" to welcome little Brooks into our family.  We really are a family after all these years.  We've seen each other through so many different things!  One of the most recent celebrations we've had is the birth of Brooks, Casey's son.  He is beautiful!

We decided to have a "Sip and See" instead of a baby shower so that everyone could really enjoy Brooks, and also celebrate Clay and Casey.  Em and Carrie graciously let us invade their house up in the beautiful hills of Morganton.  It was awesome to be able to have it where we all grew up.  I pray that Brooks has a special group of friends like us!

Our theme was BOOKS!  Not really shocking considering at one time all but one of us was a teacher!  We had a blast planning the shower and everything came together so well!  All of our food centered around books:

Sweedish Fish/Goldfish - One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Brownie Bear Treats - Corduroy Goes to the Beach
Meatballs - Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Pickles - Pickles over Pittsburgh
Chocolate Chip Cookies - If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
Assorted Fruit and Dip - Each Peach Pear Plum
Caterpillar Cake Pops - The Very Hungary Caterpillar
Duckie Punch - Farm Animal Kids Book 

We were blessed with BEAUTIFUL weather (I was nervous since the day before the party it was snowing and sleeting!!).  There was still snow on the ground, but it felt great outside!  We were able to take pictures outside and enjoy the day.

 I think Brooks has a nice little library started!  It makes my English teacher heart very happy!  I told Case I hope to have him reading by 2 years.  He has two high school English teacher aunties AND a elementary school teacher auntie!  We'll get him reading!

I say this all the time, but God truly blessed me with the best friends.  As I grow up, I realize how rare it is to still be friends with a group from your hometown.  We've seen each other through ups and downs, weddings, degrees, job changes, and now babies!  I adore them and we absolutely LOVE Brooks and are SO excited to have our first Garland Baby :)





No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...