Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Big 'Ole Photo Dump...Catching up (Late Jan and February)

I seriously have no excuses for not blogging since I was out ALL of last week with snow.  Elsa and I are going to have some words.  I'm all for snow and no school, but not when it messes with my spring and summer breaks!  I'm trying to be GRATEFUL and enjoy the rest that all this snow and weird weather is awarding me, so I will not complain.

With all that said, I am going to try to catch everything up in the next few days, and I'm starting with the blog!  I have a couple posts I'm still editing, but until they get wrapped up, here is my past month in pics!

Weekend in Winston


I was able to spend the weekend with my friend, Carrie.  We hung out, snuggled with her pups, and ate some yummy food with Caro!

Superbowl

My friend, Lexie, hosted a Superbowl party.  It was a lot of fun!  I also got to see one of my former students, Emily!  She was in one of the classes I student taught eight years ago!!  She happens to be a good friend of Lexie's, so it was great to be able to see her and catch up!

Cake Decorating Class
I am LOVING my cake decorating class!!  I'm learning lots and having a ton of fun.  I've baked 3 cakes (the one above was the first), and I feel like I'm getting better with each one!

Hair with Hannah
It is a precious thing to see how your students thrive and succeed in their post high school life.  I taught Hannah my second and third year of teaching.  I love this girl!  She's so full of life and is always a joy to visit with!  She also happens to be a skilled hair stylist!  I was feeling bored with my hair, so I set up an appointment with Hannah on a whim.  She fit me in and we were able to chat and catch up!  We treated ourselves to a little mani/pedi when she finished up!

Steven and Katy's Gender Reveal!
I was SOOOO excited to make a quick trip home and find out what my cousin, Katy, was having!  She is pregnant with her third child, and I was SURE it was going to be another girl (she already has two adorably precious daughters).  I was right!  I wish I had gotten a pic with Katy and her cute little bump!  Above is Katy's oldest daughter and Leah, my cousin (and Katy's sister).

Valentine's Day Weekend




I'm not going to lie, I wasn't really looking forward to Valentine's Day.  Rarely do I look forward to this mushy, sentimental, Hallmark holiday.  With all that in mind, I decided to babysit for my friends Kelly and Matt.  However, we ended up having a friend weekend!  Caro and Carrie came for the weekend.  It was so much fun!  We snuggled with Wyatt, I made my second cake, we enjoyed a delicious lunch and dinner, and played Cards Against Humanity.  I am thankful for precious friends who make me feel loved!

Drummer Boy
I love this set of pics!  Thad LOVES playing his dad's drums!  He makes a TON of noise and has the best smile as he does it :)
On the Sunday after Valentine's, I helped my brother-in-law out with babysitting while he took my sister on a surprise date!  I always enjoy my Thad time, so I was more than happy to help.

Cake #3
After a week of almost going stir crazy with cabin fever, I was able to make a cake on Thursday.  A wonderful colleague (who teaches at the high school across town) was leaving to pursue another career, so I baked a cake for the occasion. 

Lent and Gratitude 
I struggle every year with trying to figure out what I want to do for Lent.  It is such a special season and has always been an important time for my spiritual community.  Because of giving up a lot for my diet, I wanted to take on something instead.  I decided to keep a daily "gratitude" journal.  I force myself to really think about the random daily things that happen.  The little things that occur spontaneously that leave my heart happy and thankful.  It's really been a great reflection piece to add to my nightly "quiet time".

Dog Sitting (and visiting the Steven's)
My sis and brother-in-law asked me to watch their dog, Lois Lane, while they visited family.  I was happy to do it.  I got their a little early so I can visit with Meg and Thad.  We enjoyed lunch and ran some errands.  Love this kid!

Evidently, the snow is not over.  We are expecting somewhere around 5 inches tonight here in northern NC.  I am just going with the flow at this point!  Got a big ole check list and plan on marking some things off!  Hope everyone stays warm!!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...