Thursday, August 7, 2008

Growing Up

In lieu of growing up, I decided to reminisce and make a list of things I miss from childhood!

1) Not having to actually work on workdays. Em just realized this the other day.

2) Granny’s butter sandwiches. I’m sure she’d still make one for me if I ask, but I’m also pretty sure I now realize how unhealthy they were. Literally, bread with an inch of butter between.

3) Mom buying groceries.

4) Muppet Babies, David the Gnome, Saved by the Bell, Boy Meets World, Clarissa Explains it All, classics…

5) I don’t recall counting my calories as a child…not that I do it now, but I’ve thought about it…def didn’t when I was little.

6) Being pushed in a stroller…how amazing was that?!

7) Happy Meals…a great meal AND a toy.

8) I didn’t need Mapquest, the only place I needed to know how to get to was Granny’s.

9) Kindergarten…seriously, best grade ever. Naps, snack, and story time.

10) A hug from mom could make it all better…well I guess some things never change. :)

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...