Friday, August 15, 2008

Living and Learning

Well I survived my first week of being a teacher. I’m not sure that it counted, but I learned a lot! I’ve spent the past week in Rockingham County orientation. It seems like a wonderful county to work for, very progressive and caring about its students and teachers (which is important!).

I’ve been spending some time in my classroom getting ready and prepared for everything. I have lots of pictures of friends and family around me. I always like to do that, surround myself with the people I love. Speaking of, since living on my own, I have received an amazing amount of love from my family and friends. Phone calls and cards and e-mails and IM’s, it has meant so much to me. To know that I have a support system behind me is the best feeling ever. It has also been wonderful getting to know the staff and faculty at my high school. Everyone I have met has been so nice. Like I said before, I love nice people. Mean people scare me.

Next week begins a week of workdays. I’m looking forward to getting my plans ready, my room finished, and getting to meet more people. Granny says I have to be friendly and out going, I don’t want to disappoint her.

Everything is coming along and I’m excited about the journey I’m embarking. I have wonderful people supporting me and God on my side. I figure I’m pretty good with that. I’m not going to lie, it’s all very different, but I’m coping and trying to enjoy the ride!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Sorry I haven't responded before now, but I promise to be a faithful reader of your online musings. I can't wait to hear about your adventures as well!

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...