Sunday, February 1, 2009

About Me

I recently posted this on 'facebook'. I usually don't do things like this, but was intrigued by it. I decided to post it in my blog. I figure not all of us are on facebook and wanted to include it.

The deal is you put 25 'random things' about yourself. The hope is that you get to know each other better. On the book (facebook) you can tag other people and then they write their own note. So here is mine:

1. I teach English at Rockingham Co. High School. I aspire to be like the amazing teachers I’ve had in the past and the teachers I teach with now, they are incredible.

2. I love that I’m from the foothills of North Carolina and didn’t know how much I loved the mountains ‘til I moved away from them. I still and always will consider it 'home'.

3. I have a fear of goldfish (the actual fish, not bite-size snack). I was appalled when my mom decided to get an aquarium for our house one time.

4. I love taking pictures and have great confidence that my children will have well documented lives.

5. I love to travel. I have a life goal to visit all 50 states and 7 continents. One of the best experiences I have had in my life was when I went to Spain when I was 16.

6. Once when I was asked what the most interesting thing about me, I said that I lived with twins. I still think it’s interesting and miss living with my twins.

7. I adore my Granny and she is one of the only people I actually believe when she says, “It’ll all come out in the wash”.

8. Though I was not a good big sister when I was young, I’ve tried to make up for in recent years. My sister is pretty awesome and I love her very much. Siblings know your past better than anyone else!

9. My secret dream is to be a broadway actress.

10. I am left handed. My sister and aunt are too.

11. I am all about some pretty handwriting! I admit that I am a ‘font’ stealer (Case and Spring McKinney). I think it comes from my Granny, she has beautiful handwriting.

12. My guilty pleasure is watching “The Simpsons” and “Family Guy”. I know they are trashy…however… I think they are hilarious.

13. I LOVE music. I have almost 4,000 songs on my iPod. I also have amazingly random taste. When on shuffle, my iPod can go from playing Led Zeppelin to Reba McEntire to Lil’ Wayne to Dashboard Confessional to Judy Garland. I give all credit to my Dad.

14. On my 25th birthday, I want to go on a cross country trip and skydive.

15. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. It's the only reason I've gotten through some things in my life.

16. I love monograms and think that they will bring a touch of class to everything. I just put one on my car!!

17. I love quotes. I have 3 journals of them. I steal Caroline’s and copy from them sometimes.

18. Even though I am a good southern girl, I do not like sweet tea! I make up for it with my grit consumption.

19. I have to have the volume on my TV and radio and also the temperature in my apt and car on even numbers.

20. Cape Hatteras and Ocean Isle are my favorite places on Earth. There is a peace that only the beach brings to my life. I want to live there when I retire. My best memories from childhood stem from beach trips with my parents and sister to Cape Hatteras.

21. I am addicted to Target and Barnes and Noble. I make excuses to go into Greensboro just to go to them.

22. I am still dear friends with the first person I met in my kindergarten class :)

23. I still like for my Momma to take care of me when I’m sick. My Granny too!

24. I love being with my family and adore the newest member: Stevie Layne!

25. My best friends are some of the most amazing, wonderful people I know and I would be absolutely lost without them.

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...