Sunday, February 1, 2009

R.I.P Roonie


While on a blogging roll...and since I'm not tired at all, I've decided to do a tribute to my precious Roonie. Who is Roonie? What are you talking about Coley? Well...if you don't know, Roonie was my beloved Toyota Corolla for 5 years.

We had some good times, Roonie and me. On December 7th, she came to her end. (Case believes that she might have wanted the end to come...I have to agree) Roonie decided to crash into a guard rail...bless her heart.

She got me from point a to point b and to point c, d, and e. We drove all around North and South Carolina. Trips to the beach, mountains, colleges, and took many trips to the park with children in tow. I loved her indeed.

I got her in October of '03. My senior year of high school. My previous car, Goldie (I like naming my cars), was totalled and we found Roonie shortly after. I loved that car. It might not have been the newest, but she took me all over! Great on gas, had awesome air conditioning, and very durable. I loved her.

I should've taken all the bad things as an omen. My sister ran into her back in May. She lost her atenna in '04. Many other things in between, but she didn't let that stop her from being the best little car ever.

It was a little bittersweet to get my new car. I stayed in the Toyota family. I'd like to think that she'd approve of my new car. I haven't found the perfect name for the new one. Maybe I'm still holding on to the memory of Roonie. Even the shiny appeal of a car that heats fast, has a radio, I can actually open it with a little remote without saying 'beep beep' pretending...I still miss the old girl.

So here's to you Roonie! I miss you!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...