Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Life Worth Living

“Life is beautiful
But it’s complicated, we barely make it
We don’t need to understand
There are miracles, miracles….

Stand where you are
We let all these moments pass us by…

It’s amazing where I’m standing
There’s a lot that we can give
It’s just ours just for a moment
There’s a lot that we can give”
~Vega4

Consistency has never been a strong point in my life. I apologize to anyone that reads or checks in on this. You’ve probably long given up on an update of any sort. I would say that I’d try to get better at it, but I hold onto no promises. I will try…but, again, no promises.

The lyrics above are from a wonderful song I fell in love with a few years ago. I really love the words in the song. So many times I’ve looked around and noticed how beautiful life really is. But, like the song also says, it’s complicated. It’s the complications that sometimes get in our way of seeing how beautiful the world around us is.

I can’t say that I’m always a positive person. Or that I always see the “cup half full”. Sometimes, to me, it does look half empty. I think it would be silly for a person to say they’ve never had a pessimistic thought, a worry that eats at them, or a nag that just won’t go away. There have been many times that I’ve wanted a life remote that I can pause and fast forward and rewind to relive my favorite memories.

Alas, the life remote doesn’t exist. I think it’s that way for a reason. We can’t dwell in the past no more that we should plan so far ahead in the future. Life is beautiful and you have to live in the moment. A big part of American Lit is learning about Emerson and Thoreau. These two men believed in living in the moment. They encouraged people to live “a life worth living”. I live in the past, hope for the future, but I also have learned to look around me, smile, and enjoy the moment that is right around me.

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...