Sunday, July 7, 2013

Week in Pics: Atlanta and 4th of July Celebrations

I swear, if this was the school year, it'd still be the first week.  I'm already in the SECOND month of summer vacation!  It's flown by so fast!  I talked to my mom today and she commented that I was "keeping the roads hot".  I am, but oh how I'm loving it!  I've been able to spend time with all of my best friends, my sister, extended family, and family!  I never have time to just sit and enjoy the company of people during the school year.  I feel like I'm always thinking about something else.  Spending time with my closest friends has been such a treat!

As I left in the last post, I was able to spend a little over a week with Case and Clay down in Atlanta.  It was such a treat to spend time with them!  For the duration of our friendship, we've only truly lived in the same town for one year!  I relish our time together and always anticipate the summer because I get extra time!  This time around was really special because I was able to partake in Case and Clay's pregnancy announcement photos.  They live in a precious little town outside of Atlanta and it was the perfect backdrop for cute pics!


Case is an awesome photographer and had the idea to have 4 pictures of feet: her's, Clay's, Hank's, and then little baby shoes!  Here are Clay and Case taking pics of each other's feet.  The finished product was absolutely adorable!!

Here's Hank with the baby's shoes!

While Case was studying and going to classes, I was able to work some more on my AP syllabus.  It's almost finished!  I just have to submit it.  I was happy to feel like I was somewhat productive!  Case is a good motivator since she's working a lot in summer school. 

I was also able to hang with one of my favorite little (not so little) dogs, Hank!  Several of my friends have dogs, and I love them all!  When Case and Clay went to school and work, Hank came and snuggled with me.  He's really just a big ole puppy in a dog's body.  

This was Hank during a storm.  He wasn't a fan of not being able to go out when he wanted to.

Isn't he too cute?!

After a week in Atlanta, I headed up north to Heath Springs, South Carolina to spend the 4th with Case, Clay, and his parents, Anne Marie and Karl.  They have a beautiful house in the country with a lot of land, animals, and beautiful views.  We lounged by the pool...when it wasn't raining....ate, relaxed, and had a great time.  Even Hank got in on the lounging action!





On Friday evening, the Johnson's had a big shrimp boil.  It was delish!  Lots of food, people, and good times!


After everyone had eaten, there was a big storm, but afterwards, the sky was beautiful!  There was even a full rainbow.  I love rainbows...they're like God's gifts after storms.  It's been so rainy lately, but there are nice touches!



Saturday we headed to the lake for a big BBQ.  I don't even like BBQ...or at least I thought I didn't, but y'all, this was the most amazing meat EVER!  It rained on and off all day, but we still got in some boat time and sunshine!  






AMAZING BBQ!


It was a wonderful vacation!  I was sad to leave.  I already have plans to go back down and visit before school.  It's back to reality tomorrow!  I'm helping to facilitate a workshop at school, and I'm going to try to get some things done around here.  Friday I get to see my little nephew!  It'll be my "look forward to" item of the week :)

Happy weeks to all!!





No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...