Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Beach Daze

One week from today I will be at my second home...the beach. I know that it isn't that big of a deal to love the beach, I'm one of 30943 people that enjoy their summer vaca's on the sandy coast. However, since the wee age of 3, I have made my annual summer trek to the sandy coast of the Carolina's and have found peace there more than once. There is something about the intoxicating smell of salt mixed with sunscreen that puts my spirit at ease. As soon as my toes hit the sand and the cool waves take me under...I am home.

For more summers than I can count, my family went to the Outer Banks and vacationed. Due to schedules and life and whatnot, we have not been able to go in a few years. I miss it. The EIGHT hour ride in one car was rough...especially when we decided that no Barrier vacation was complete without the furriest Barrier member...Muffy. However, I cherish the memories made from those weeks. My sister and I laying in the sand. My mom cooking for us at night. I miss the Outer Banks. It is my "happy place" when I am sad. It is where my mind always travels when I am having a frustrating day. However, the summers have changed and I have been fortunate enough to trade the Outer Banks for a sweet condo off of Main St. in N. Myrtle Beach with my best friends. The scenery has changed, but the happiness remains...I love spending a week with my closest friends and spending time together.!



The above pic is from last year...my sweet friends ocean side and soaking up the sun :)


So the added bonus is that I get my beach AND my friends. It's like heaven! We have been e-mailing all week and talking about our excitement. We are aware of how rare it is to have such a special group of friends. Our nights don't consist of partying and going crazy at bars/clubs, but rather hanging out, getting to discuss our life problems/joys, wedding chat, putting together puzzles, cooking, snacking, dancing, and more than anything laughing. It does the soul good.


Can't wait to pull up, get the chairs/towel/snacks/sunscreen/music out and head to the sand. I think I hear the water calling my name...






No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...