Monday, July 5, 2010

Magic

I have a confession. I am a blog stalker. I admit it. I sit in my living room, computer securely placed on lap, and read, read, read. Clearly my late teens and early twenties have been defined by the new social media networks such as facebook, myspace, and twitter. Blogs have made their way into my life as of this past year. Several people I know started to write in them and I’ve found other people’s to read as well. It is so amazing that people are able to share their lives and stories through statuses, new posts, pictures, and stories. It is fascinating to me that we are so...connected.

I’ve had this blog for almost 2 years. I started it to chronicle my experiences with teaching and really the first year of living on my own. In the beginning I would write every couple weeks or so, but I just kind of…stopped. I would write when the mood would strike me. However, as I’ve been reading all these blogs, I’ve been inspired to try to start writing more. Even if it is a picture and a small paragraph about how I don’t understand why everyone in my family can cook and sometimes boiling water poses a problem in my kitchen.

One of my dear friends is an amazing writer. I’ve told her several times that she should write a blog just to get her words out there. I find it so amazing how words can connect us. All the books I’ve read in my life, they stick with me because of the words that transpired through the pages. Words have healing power. Words have therapeutic power. Words have magic.

As I am a bit of a nomad this summer, I can’t promise to keep up with this, but here is to hoping. Also, here is a small thank you to all the bloggers/writers/authors/magic writers who keep me inspired. Thanks.

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...