Friday, July 30, 2010

July...How I Spent my Summer Vacation Part 3

When I think of July, I of course think of awesome vacations and relaxing and sun, but this July the SUN has been in the forethought of most of my mind. JEEZ, it has been a scorcher! I don't remember it being THIS hot! Maybe it has been and I'm just noticing the burning blaze more this summer...but I digress, onto the last (and only) full month of my summer.

I think a lot of people give teachers grief for complaining about teaching. It always, always comes back to someone in the audience saying, "BUT, youuu have your SUMMER off!!" Oh, I guarantee this person is NOT a teacher because then they would be saying, "Shew, you should get some more days thrown into that vacation!" I'll never forget being at an end of the year meeting and someone saying how teachers need the break because if they didn't, someone (teacher or student) might end up in jail. I say all of this to tell you, dear reader, for you to understand that I fully love, appreciate, and try to not take my precious summer vacay for granted.

July started with me getting back from California. I spent a week back in Greensboro taking care of some appointments and what not. The highlight of that week was finally getting to meet the precious Avery Grace Gladd. My dear friend from work, Heather, had Avery on June 28th while I was in Cali, which is funny because CA is her home state. Needless to say I was very anxious to meet the new precious one. You can see here how absolutely adorable she is :)


Carolyn holding and meeting Avery for the first time :)

Next up in the July chain of events was 4th of July. I've never been a huge LET'S CELEBRATE the FOURTH kind of person, I'm not sure why. I totally love America and am so appreciative to live in such a wonderful country, but I've never had consistent big plans for the fourth. This year I was invited to a cookout at one of my best friend's sister's house. Megan is my friend to, but just for connection sake...there you go. We had a great time! Very 4th. Hot dogs, oreo dessert, Catchphrase, and FIREWORKS! It was a lot of fun!!

Linds celebrating with sparklers

Linds and Megan celebrating and getting
ready for fireworks!

Errands accomplished in Greensboro, it was finally time to head to the mountains! I was able to spend a few days in Morganton, made a visit for some fun wedding stuff in G'ville with Case and enjoyed some time with family and friends.

AND THEN, the highlight of July was the annual beach trip with my sweet best friends. We all traveled down from 4 different directions and met up in the sand! We were fortunate enough to find 5 solid days to spend together, this is a major accomplishment because between the 7 of us it has been a hectic and busy summer! We were all glad to be able to relax and enjoy each other's company. We laid in the sun, cooked, ate a lot, and laughed even more. We were even able to squeeze in a puzzle. We stayed in and cooked mostly, but made it out for our annual dinner to Bonefish. I had the best time, it flew by WAY too quickly. I am already looking forward to it next year :)

Carrie, Case, and Em - the only pic I have from the actual
beach! It was sooo humid my lens fogged up every time
I tried to take a pic!! I like their matching bathing suits!

30943 hours later...the girls accomplished and completed
the annual puzzle. Good job ladies!

Bonefish! Awesome friends, food, drinks, and we
had an amazing waitress to boot!

My sweet girls :)

I absolutely love this pic. Talk about capturing
a moment :D

The rest of July has been a mixture of spending time with family in Morganton, visits to Greenville sprinkled in, and a visit back to Greensboro. I love being able to spend so much time with my friends and family. I love being able to drive to best friend's houses and watching movies and eating dinner. I love being 5 minutes from my Granny's. I'm going to miss these sweet summer days!







No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...