Friday, July 30, 2010

California or How I Spent my Summer Part 2

Ah, California. It really deserves its own post because it was that amazing. One of my best friends, Casey, has a fabulous sister that lives in Santa Monica. Donna, Casey's sis, just had a beautiful baby girl! Zoey is one of the sweetest, most precious babies I have ever met. Much of the time spent there was just hanging out, going around Santa Monica, and spending time with Donna and Zoey.

We went to Ikea (and I fell in love), the Santa Monica Fresh Market, which was outside on the Promenade, walked on the Pier, and took lots of pictures. The weekend I was there we all traveled up to San Francisco. Such an awesome, cool, eclectic, interesting city. We took in a lot of the sites. We went to Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, the Painted Ladies, Alamo Square, and walked up and down Lombard's "Crooked Street". We saw so much, but the my favorite thing was the Golden Gate Bridge. I've been fortunate enough to see and visit lots of things in my life, but this was one of the 'take your breath away' moments. It is absolutely spectacular. The height, length, color, view, everything left me in a state of awe. It for sure goes on my 'most amazing things I've ever seen'!! I am so grateful to Matt, Donna, and Zoey for letting me visit. I am also thankful for my travel buddy Case, we've been a little bit of everywhere and I can't wait to see where else the years takes us on the map!

Better than try to explain all its awesomeness, I will instead post some pics...

Casey and me at Fisherman's Wharf
PS - June in San Fran = COLD!

The famous pier in Santa Monica
Ferris Wheels, Dippin' Dots, and LOTS of interesting people!

Sweet sisters...Donna and Case hanging out with Zoey

Sweet, sweet Zoey

Case lovesss Zoey and I think the
feeling is mutual :)

June ended with me flying back into North Carolina and staying in Raleigh before making my way back to Greensboro. It was nice to be in the Tarheel state, but I am so glad I was able to visit California again. I hope to visit again soon!

I will follow up this blog with a few more pics!!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...