Sunday, October 6, 2013

2 Months Later....

I was doing such a good job with keeping up with the 'ole blog.  I have blog envy.  I read all these amazing blogs and see all the amazing stories/pictures, but I haven't been doing the best job with keeping this one current.  Part of the reason is that I think, "Really, who reads this besides me?"  So, with that in mind, I just kind of let it go...but, then I remember that this isn't for other people (well, it is, but isn't the main reason), this blog is a memory account for me.  I just have to try to remember that.

School has been insane, so I'll blame the procrastination on that.  Teaching advanced classes has been a lot harder than I anticipated, and I've been struggling to keep my head above water.  Being a teacher is such a multi-faceted job.  I swear if all I had to do was create lesson plans and teach, I'd love it.  However, piling on the "other" stuff sometimes gets me bogged down.  Plus, I've just been struggling with teaching and questions of whether or not it's my calling.  What changes should I make?  Where should I go?  What should I do?  Blah blah blah....

But through the darkness, there have been bright spots of shining light that make life grand.  Continuing to watch my nephew grow has been such a treat.  Watching Casey's belly grow and Brooks start to move around in there...so much fun!  The moments when I get to spend extra time with family and friends...the moments when my students "get it".  They overpower the dark patches of grimness that often accompany my life.  With every struggle comes a lesson...learning those lessons are proving to be a bit difficult.

I'm going to try to catch up in several posts...not for anyone else, but for me.  For memory's sake.  One of these days (and old age is approaching rather rapidly these days), I won't be able to remember.  I won't be able to pinpoint when this or that happened, so I need to put it into a source that will allow memory to be restored.

Here's to jumping back on the "blog wagon" and hoping it sticks again.


1 comment:

Christina Holst said...

Just so you know, I read your blog and enjoy it Coley! :)

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...