Monday, October 21, 2013

Beauty, Hope, Love, and Change

I've been a little frustrated and down this week.  One of my students had me edit a paper for him.  I won't share his name, but wanted to share this beautiful conclusion to his essay.

"When it comes down to it, things are most likely going to change.  The majority of the human society realizes that we must move past the biases of old to make way for the innovation of the future.  We are stronger united than we are separated.  Our cultures are learning to love one another and help one another more.  As my English teacher has said from day one in her class, "Everybody has to love everybody."  And that is the way it will be one day."

I was absolutely blown away.  Not because I was mentioned, but because maybe...JUST MAYBE...my students take what I say to heart.  Maybe, just maybe, they listen.  It gives me hope that I have students with bright minds, beautiful hearts, and words that can take them far.

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...