Sunday, October 6, 2013

Baptism Celebration

A few months before my nephew was born, my sister and her fiance asked me to be the Godmother to their son.  I was extremely honored and excited that they chose me for this special title.

Yesterday we gathered together and witnessed the very special baptism of Thaddeus Rex.  He sailed through the service like a champ, only crying when the water was poured on his head.  Kyle and Megan decided to have a private service and it was lovely.  Rich in tradition and beautiful words.  I was so very happy to stand by my sister and Kyle as Rex was baptized and welcomed into God's family.

After the ceremony, we celebrated with food and family at Kyle's parents' house.  They live on a beautiful piece of land, and I couldn't think of a better place to congregate in love for Rex.

Rex - I promise to be a role model and guide.  I will try to be the best godmother, aunt, and mentor.  You are a gift from God, and I am so blessed to be your auntie!  I love you so very much!





No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...