Friday, June 14, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend Part 1 - The Beach

I'm trying to get somewhat caught up on the ole blog! I've taken off a few weeks as I've gotten acclimated to the summer time.  Pretty awesome.

The girls decided to move up our beach weekend to Memorial Day. We got down there on Friday evening and were able to stay through the weekend til Monday. Caroline and I went to visit her step brother and his wife in Wilmington on Monday. I love Wilmington! 

The weekend was great! Not quite complete without Case. She was getting back from Mexico and was pretty exhausted from her trip. We got to FaceTime with her and we still got our group pic!!

Lots of food, laying around, and of course a puzzle. We realize that our age is catching up with us as we prefer to put together puzzles instead of shopping and making reservations at restaurants instead of taking chances with last minute decisions. But, I have to share the ultimate "we are old" moment. For my birthday, Kelly found solo shot glass size cups. Instead of putting alcohol in them, Kelly and I realized that they were perfect for washing down our nightly meds!!!

Hopefully we can make it down again before the end of the summer. Always a good time. Here are some pics of the weekend. 

On our way!!




Our little vacation spot!!

6 girls. 1 car. Lots of stuff to go to the beach. 

Linds with her "beach chair". 

Perfection. 

Girls before dinner. 

Got our group shot!!

Mmmmmmmm

Puzzle process!!

I will post Wilmington pics in the next post!!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...