Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Catch Up: End of June

I've been meaning to catch up for several days now, and I really have absolutely no excuse!  I've just honestly been enjoying my summer.  The week of AP training was insane, but for the past almost week, I've been in Atlanta enjoying the company of one of my best friends, Case.

I'll have to allow this to be a big catch up post and write about several things.  The last post I wrote was very special.  I'm still over the moon excited to be an auntie for the first time.  I left a few days after Rex was born to come down to Atlanta, but Megan has been sending me daily pics.  He is the apple of my eye, and I didn't know my heart could love a little being so much.  He is a wonderful baby, and I can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks!!  My sister has transitioned into being a mom really well!  She seems confident and comfortable, both of which I prayed she would be.  Kyle is an awesome dad, too!  I pray everything continues to go well for the new parents. :)

I've been planning my Atlanta trip for a couple months.  I love visiting Case, and it's turned into somewhat of a summer tradition to spend a couple weeks wherever she's currently living.  Last August, Case and her husband Clay moved down to Georgia.  They live in a precious little town called Woodstock.  I admire Case for many reasons, but even more so because she's currently finishing her second degree in nursing.  She's had to take summer classes for the past couple of summers, but she never lets it get her down.  Even though she's studying, she's still my bright and bubbly friend.  So of course we've made time for some shopping and eating :)

Case needing to study has actually worked to my benefit because I've been working on my AP syllabus.  I have the skeleton of the outline done, but there's still a lot of work to do.  Every time I think I have it, or I think that I'm making progress, I realize that there's still a lot to do.  I want to be extra prepared for this class, so the work I'm pouring into it will reap lots of success...I hope, at least.

Pictures speak better than I can type sometimes, so here's the past couple of weeks captured on film.  I'm going to do a separate post on Rex, but that majority are here:

Best part of AP training was getting to visit with Mira, Em, and Carrie!

While in Winston, I also got to visit the sweet Gladd kiddies!  They're so cute and super sweet :)

Waiting on Rex!  Sleeping beauty :)


Sweet Stevie - I miss her so much already!  She's headed back to be a Cali girl :(

My Atlanta cuddle buddy - Hankford

Pretty peonies

Case and I at dinner

Love Woodstock

Researching and taking notes on AP

A-TOWN!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...