Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Big Catch Up Post!!

I've more or less caught up through the end of May. The end of May means the end of school and the start of the glorious two months of summer. Teachers get a lot of grief for having summers off, but I dare anyone with the audacity to say that to go into a classroom for 10 months and tell me we don't need a break. Trust me. We do.

After Memorial Day weekend, I finished my workdays at school, cleaned, organized, and then headed to the mountains for a few days. While at home, I was able to spend a lot of time with my family. Stevie graduated from preschool (where did the time go?!), and I also celebrated a late bday dinner and cake with my family.  We celebrated my mom and her friend Johnese's retirement.  Lots of fun for two special women!  My home church had homecoming, and I was blessed to be able to visit with our former preacher's wife (who is also a preacher) and her daughter.  I babysat for Amelia and her kids while they were at our church, and it was so awesome seeing them!

I headed back to Reidsville for a week to work on school stuff...the excitement never ends being a teacher!  I enjoyed spending the week in my home away from home.  I won't be in Reidsville a whole lot this summer, so I try to soak in time with my friends there.  I love the house I live in, sleeping in my comfy bed, and driving around the country.  I try to take in moments like that.

I ventured to Raleigh to await my (stubborn) niece or nephew.  He/She (as I write this post one week later) has still not made his or her arrival!  I think he/she might be taking after Auntie Coley.  I was two weeks late!  Megan is scheduled for her induction on Thursday, so I'll be heading back then!

While in Raleigh I was able to see and spend time with lots of people!  I visited with Caro, Amber, Elizabeth, Donna, Zoey, Kelly, Matt, and my sweet sister.  I loved visiting all of them - despite getting locked out of the house - which will be another post.  I enjoyed spending the week relaxing and visiting with everyone.

This week I've begun my AP journey in Winston.  Added bonus - I get to stay with Em and Carrie!  I also got to spend time with my good friend Mira, who is also taking the AP course.  I finally got to meet Megan's baby, Zander.  I was excited to practice for auntie time!  Zander is one loved boy!  He has the best mommy and auntie!

The training has been very intense.  I'm glad that Emily is with me to talk everything over.  It's a lot of information and material to take in.  I have enjoyed learning lots, but I leave everyday with my brain pulsing.  I came back to Em and Carrie's today and took a nap.  Sometimes...it's all you need.

Here are some pics from the last few weeks - warning pic overload.....

Congrats, Stevie!!

I love this little girl so much!

Granny's house- she told me to "check out her jugs" - I was momentarily confused.

Happy Retirement, Momma (and Johnese)!!

Johnese's beautiful backyard

Love these girls!

Worshiped at Duke Chapel with Caro - beautiful.

Bobo and I feel the same about the morning time.

Kelly wanted me to be "outdoorsy" - this is what she got.

Pool time!!

This is what welcomed me to my AP Workshop!!  However, this is some awesome material!

My English Twin Soul - and mob boss - Em

Uncle Boom and Aunt Linds!

Girls visiting Zander!

I'm eagerly awaiting my niece or nephew and will head to Durham on Thursday!  It's been a busy, but wonderful summer so far!!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...