Sunday, June 30, 2013

Baby Love

(This was originally written on Sunday, May 5th, 2013 after hearing the good news!)

This blog won't be able to be seen for another month or so, but I want to document the excitement.  I wish I had had enough forethought to have done this last October when I got the call from my sister, but alas, I am prepared now.

The past year has been a year of many surprises.  Lots of happy little announcements that have left my heart full and smiling.

It began last July when I got a sweet little text that read, "Oh looky, Nit Nang" followed by a little black and white grainy sonogram revealing that I'd soon have another little cousin to love!  Katy's news was just the beginning of the happy baby boom that's happened within my little world.

A few months later, while driving to a meeting, I returned my sister's 3 missed calls.  I was anxious (shocking, I know) to find out what was up.  Did she decide to take another semester to finish up classes?  Did she want me to come visit this week?  No...a bigger surprise than I could have ever dreamed of - she was pregnant!  My first little niece or nephew was going to be welcomed into the world the following summer.  My heart swelled with love and excitement.

Fast forward to this past week.  There are few things that Case and I keep from each other.  So when she called me one night and said she was headed to Wal-Mart to buy a pregnancy test - just to check - my heart was all a flutter with anxiety and happiness.  I waited and waited...and the next morning she texted to say she decided to wait for a bit to take the test.  I would be lying if I said I didn't think about it, but I knew that it probably was just precaution and nothing happened.  I then thought it odd when she decided to come home randomly to "give Mother's Day gifts" AND THEN she ordered a Sierra Mist at dinner Sat. night.  You have to know this about Case and me - we love us some caffeine - especially while dining at Friday Friends.  Hmm - maybe I was reading too much into this.  But then, when I made my way over for Sunday lunch, Case said she got me a little gift.  I knew it.  I knew what was in it.  I eagerly tore open the tissue paper from the bag, looked at the tiny, sweet picture of Clay and Case holding two POSITIVE pregnancy tests, and I immediately started jumping up and down.  While watching the video'ed reaction later, Casey's sister said it looked like I had just won on "The Price is Right"!

Please know that I was BEYOND thrilled when I found out that my sweet cousin and sister were pregnant, but I've been on this journey with Case for awhile and I knew that this was the "next step" for her and Clay.  It warmed my heart and made me smile from ear to ear to know that their baby journey was about to happen.  After all, I did ask for multiple Godchildren in my maid of honor speech at their wedding.

Case - you are going to be an amazing mom.  This kid - oh man - this kid is so lucky to be born into all this love.  I can't wait to watch your belly grow and consider myself lucky to call myself one of your best friends and get to accompany you on this journey.

Auntie Coco's heart is growing...and my wallet needs to grow a bit more so I can spoil all my little ones!!



No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...