Sunday, June 23, 2013

My newest love: Rex

I have been anxiously awaiting to write this blog for about nine months. I'm only the aunt, but oh how a tiny being can change your life. Welcome to the world, Rex!

Rex, 

You are one stubborn little fella. I rushed to the hospital on Thursday night to walk into a room with my sister calmly sitting on a chair and hanging out. She was the epitome of beauty and ease. Even when she would be having contractions, your mom was the picture of grace. She would grip on the sides of her chair and draw in her face, but a few seconds later be back. I can only pray that when your future cousin comes, your auntie is like that. 

You were still cozy after the evening had worn on. Grammy and I decided to go get some sleep at my friend's apartment. Both of us were up at 5:30 ready to go see if any progress had been made. Your mom and dad were very tired, but had gotten a little bit of rest. Throughout the morning, your mom progressed and was eventually able to start pushing. 

I had actually gone out for some lunch with Angie and Katy, but as we were pulling out, I got the best text ever from your Grammy! "We have a boy!!!"  I was officially on cloud nine. 

On Friday, June 21st, 2013, at 11:47 am, all 8 pounds and 11 ounces of you was welcomed into the world. I was thrilled!!! Thaddeus Rex Stephens had officially entered the world. 

Rex, holding you for the first time made my heart melt. You are such a stunningly beautiful baby. I was in awe of your perfect nose and pouty mouth (that is definitely from your mom). You have long fingers, courtesy of both your parents. You already are the apple of everyone's eyes. We love you so much. 

All my Love,
Auntie Coley

They say that a baby changes everything. It does. It makes your heart bigger, your hugs warmer, and life just little sweeter. I can't wait to spoil and visit my little nephew! He's pretty awesome!


1 comment:

Megan Houston said...

So excited your nephew is here! You are welcome anytime at the Houston's to get some extra practice with precious little boys! I know little Rex will be spoiled by his auntie.....you have the biggest heart!:)

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...