Friday, November 11, 2011

10 and 11 - Kelly and Linds

Ending the week of best friends, I am thankful for my sweet friends, Kelly and Lindsey.

Kelly - I have always said that everyone needs a Kelly in their life.  They really do.  She is a bright burst of energy and love anytime you need it.  She fills the room with light and laughter.  You just can't be sad when she's around!  Kelly and I met in high school, though I've always told her that I wanted to be friends with her so bad in middle school!  I'm glad we finally did meet up because life is better when she's around.  My favorite memories with Kelly always involve the beach.  We went to the beach one time in college and (even though we were at least 20) had a full fledged sand fight.  We emerged from the ocean and beach full of sand and laughs.  She'll always cheer you up with a funny story or hold your hand when you're crying and upset.  I had the privilege of being her maid of honor and I loved the experience of being there for her on the 'big day'.  Her husband Matt is our original "Garland Guy" and he is always so amazingly kind to all of us.  I love them both dearly.  Thankful I am for a friend like Kelly Gay.  (The pic below pretty much sums our friendship)


Linds - Lindsey Leigh.  My sweet, sweet friend.  I told someone the other night that you can't be in Lindsey's presence without feeling loved and blessed.  She's one of the kindest, most genuine people I've ever met.  She is lovely, honest, and true.  Linds always calls to check in and make sure you're doing okay.  She'll listen and advise and offer her truest wisdom.  She also has a hilarious side too.  We always laugh and joke and have fun when we're together.  Linds and I were able to become closer though going to the same college.  Many road trips, late nights, flat tires, and college assignments later, we made it to the other side, still together.  Lindsey is also (in my opinion) brilliant!  Very smart and motivated.  She has completed (almost) 2 marathons, grad school, a wedding, and lots of other impressive things :)  I'm happy she's in my life because she always makes me happy.  Love you Lindsey Leigh!


So happy you girls are in my life!  You two are kind, inspirational, and so supportive!!  Love y'all!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...