Monday, November 7, 2011

Twice Blessed (Thankful #7)

I've decided to dedicate this week's 'thankful' days to 6 of my best friends.  It's only appropriate to dedicate today to the birthday girls!  

Day 7 - Em and Carrie

Em - My English soul mate.  Former roomie.  Confidant.  Keeper of secrets.  Incredible writer.  Em is one of the best people you'll ever meet.  She has this warmth and love that encompasses everyone that she loves.  She is one of those people I call when I'm down and she'll talk me into seeing how wonderful life is.  She is crazy talented and I wish I could be a student in her English class!  Whether it be a birthday card or a longer composition, the way she writes always leaves me breathless and awestruck.  The thing I love about Em is that she can be so funny, but then have a deep conversation with you.  She always wraps me in hugs and lets me know that she loves me.  I am beyond thankful for her!

Carrie - Music soul mate.  Former roomie.  Lover of laughs.  Holder of strength.  Carrie has this incredible smile and laugh.  You can't help but be happy when you're with her.  I always look to her for a beacon of strength and hope, she never lets me down.  We share the same love for great music.  Every time we're together we'll always ask the other, have you heard this?  Do you have that?  She loves with all her heart and takes on the world with incredible grace.  I admire her faith in God and her love for her family and friends.  She'll pull out a picture of her niece, Ellie, in a heartbeat (Em will too).  My favorite memories (there are a ton) always involve dancing, car trips, singing, and trying (key word) to cook.  I am beyond thankful for her as well!



I hope you both had a fabulous birthday!  You have both blessed my life more than you'll ever know!!






No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...