Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Catch Up! A lot of Thanks!

I've neglected the thankful blog for a few days!  I'm playing catch up today as I am enjoying my time at home...that's where I'll begin.

18. Morganton (Home) - I love coming home.  I love the mountains.  I love the way it feels when I turn the bend right as I get into Hickory and see the mountains in the distance.  It's a wonderful feeling.  There's the old cliche that states, "Home is where the heart is", and that is true.  Morganton is where most of my family resides and I know that I can always come and see them there.  It is where I grew up.  It is where I learned lessons.  It is where I will always return.  Morganton is a great place to grow up and I think I only really realized that after I left for college.  It's just the right size and people are generally really nice.  Great little restaurants and hidden treasures.  It's a great place to grow up, to visit, and to call home.

19. Job - As much as I sometimes complain or get frustrated, I am very thankful that I have a job.  In an economy that finds many people jobless, I am fortunate to have a place to go to every morning and work.  More than that, I feel that my job allows me to use the gifts that God has given me to teach students to the best of my ability.  I have been very blessed to teach some extraordinary students and hope that I inspire them as much as they do me.  It might sometimes give me a headache, but it is a blessing.  Most things that we love can bring us a little pain at times!

20.  Second Mom's - I have a wonderful mom (as you'll read at the end of this), she could never in a million years be replaced, but I've also been very blessed to find several 'second mom's' along the way as well.  These ladies have guided me in their own special way.  Mom's can't be around all the time, and if you're lucky, you'll have a few extra to help you out too.  I am very blessed and consider myself very fortunate to have these ladies in my life.  So, Sherry Suttles, Tammy Severt, Spring McKinney, Nancy Hasty, Carolyn Rutledge, Mickie White, and Sylvia Ross, thank you all for being so special and helping me out when I needed you!  I know my birth mommy thanks you too!

21. Megan - My sister, Megan, is a great blessing in my life.  She's funny, kind, and truly one of a kind.  I don't think I was the best sister growing up, actually, I know I wasn't, but when I left for college, everything shifted.  I realized how important family relationships were and I think it was not living in the same house that made me realize that.  Over the past years, our relationship has changed and has become a lot closer.  She knows all my secrets, my past, she understands me in a way that no one ever will.  It is a bond that only sisters have.  She's an incredible person, someone that I know is going to do great things with her life.  I'm proud that I get to say she's my little sister.  I love her and am very thankful for her.



22. Dad - My dad has always been a source of constant love and steady devotion.  I can't describe my dad.  He's one of a kind too.  Most of my family is.  He gave me my passion and love for music.  He taught me how to dip my peanut butter sandwich in tomato soup.  He went to my band concerts.  He always told me good night and I love you.  He's a man of few words, but the words he says have deep meaning.  He's a great man.  I am very thankful for his continuous support and constant love.



23. Mom - My mom is probably the most important person in my life.  She knows me inside and out.  She knew me first.  I don't have children, but I can only imagine that the bond between a mother and her child is one that is one of pure love.  That's how I describe my mom, pure love.  She is a huge supporter in everything in my life.  From the little things like reading a book to me every night when I was a little girl to the big things like helping me pay for college, she's love.  She's warm, funny, kind, would give you the shirt off her back if she knew you needed it.  She's always been there for me, even in my darkest times, she was there.  I know that she always will be.  I love her and am beyond thankful for her.


No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...