Monday, November 14, 2011

Blessings Abound - 12, 13, and 14

I am behind a few days!  Let me get down to business...

#12 - Old Friends
I am blessed beyond belief to still be friends with 2 girls I've known since I was 5!

Amber was the first person I met in kindergarten!  I walked into Mrs. Hairfield's classroom (after getting lost) and Amber was sitting on the big rug.  We had the same necklace (and she had the matching earrings - so cool!) and the rest was history.  We've been through Glen Alpine, Table Rock, Freedom, and college and post college together.  She's always there and it's amazing to have someone that you can say, "remember that time in elementary school?"  Amber is getting married next June and I am so excited to see her wear her beautiful gown.  Amber is truly beautiful inside and out and I'm so happy that we're still friend TWENTY years later! I look forward to many, many more years!

Courtney (who is my co-author on our other blog) has been my friend since I was four.  We met at church and have been best friends ever since.  Growing up I looked up to her and thought she was the best person ever.  She has never disappointed me in being that.  She still is one of the best people I know.  She is kind, loyal, and wants to heal the world.  She was also the inspiration for ending up at UNCG!  I had the privilege of rooming with Court for a couple years.  We vented, ate, yelled, cried, laughed, shopped, and watched a lot of Criminal Minds.  I loved every minute of it!  She is currently pursuing her master's degree at UPenn and will be a family nurse practitioner very soon!  I love and miss her so very much!

#13 - Sunsets
I have told some people this, but I will share with everyone.  I really believe that God speaks to me through sunsets.  He speaks to me through other means too, but I always feel the closest to him when I look up into the sky and it is an array of brilliantly beautiful colors.  I am always reminded in that moment that He is in control and I need to step back and have faith that everything is going to be okay.  We all need to be reminded of that sometimes.

#14 - Weekends (Especially long ones!)
I LOVE and am so thankful for weekends.  After a long week of teaching, it's all I can do to make it to Friday at 3pm!  I usually try to either do nothing or visit friends/family during the weekend.  I was able to do all three this past weekend because it was a 3 day weekend for me.  I went to Morganton, visited with family, and then went down to visit Casey!  I even made it to a Clemson game (well, down to Clemson to watch the game at a bar)!  Weekends are the best and I try to never take them for granted!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...