Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Give Thanks

Give thanks 
With a grateful heart...

My last post is a little bit of everything, but a lot of thanks.  I wanted to challenge myself to the days of thanks to realize all the wonderful things that are around me.  I hold a lot of anxiety in my life.  It's easy to get frustrated and bogged down with the hard parts of life, but I need to always remember how much good there is around me.  I really believe that there is good in the world and all around me.  All I have to do is look around at my sweet family or my incredible group of friends.  I see good in the students that despite all odds, come to school and try to learn.  I see good when I see people help for the sake of helping.  They want to be good people because that's how God wants us to live.

Give thanks
To the Holy One...  


For the past month I've had this hymn in my head.  "Give Thanks"  It is one of my favorite hymns.  It's simple and pure.  It's short, but says so much.  Give thanks with a heart that is full of love.  Give thanks with a heart that has so much to be thankful for, it's over run.  Mostly, it makes me realize that all of this would be null and void if it weren't for God.  I am constantly reminded of His love and I know that all my blessings are because of Him.  I don't talk about my relationship with God out loud a lot.  I know that I should, but my hope is that through my actions, I show His love and the Christian that He wants me to be.

And now let the weak say
I am strong
Let the poor say
I am rich
Because of what
The Lord has done
For us
Give thanks...


I leave with a full heart of thanks and blessings.  I am thankful on this day for so much.  For my health, my job, my family, my friends, and the life that God has given me.  It's not always perfect, I am far from perfect, but I am blessed and I am thankful.

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...