Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Thankful 15

Full Circle Moments - Today I am thankful for moments that I am able to see the full circle.  I can see what I was and what I have become.  It's a moment that I can really see how I have grown and what has happened in my life to make me appreciative of all the small moments that make the bigger picture better.  I had two of these moments today and they all culminate to the same idea.  My teaching has made me grow so much as a person. I had the opportunity today to help my administration conduct an interview for one of our positions and then I observed my student teacher teach a lesson.  I remember so vividly each of the times I was in their shoes.  I remember the nerves, the fear, the anxiety.  The first solo lesson and then the interview.  They are scary.  However, from seeing them do those things, I realize how far I've come since that was me.  How much I've grown as a teacher and as a person.  I am grateful for these moments because they shape me and teach me to realize who I am.  They make me thankful for all the people and moments that have helped to shape the person I am today.  They are few and far between, but when full circle moments happen...they're wonderful.

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...