Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's (from the single gal)

First of all, can I just say that this is the 12th post for the year?  That's as many as I wrote TOTAL last year! Woohoo!

Today is Valentine's Day, I know you probably didn't get that message on facebook, twitter, instagram, or any other various media outlet.  How can you NOT know it's Vday?  I went to WalMart last night to get some candy for my students - that's right - and it was like an anxiety attack waiting to happen.  All it took was one look at the half empty shelves of red boxed candy or the 50 men nervously picking out "the perfect card" to make me think...ew.

To me, love should be given everyday.  And, it is hard to not have that "special somebody", but you know what, I have a lot of love in my life.  I have a fantastic family, incredible friends, and you know what?  That's all I need.

The radio this morning said not to be sad because you might have someone special next week or next year!  As I rolled my eyes, I thought, "Meh, maybe...but if not, I'll still be okay."

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...