Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Happiness...

In an effort to be a happier person, I wanted to list all the things that make me happy.   Kind of like a gratitude list.  Once you list and see all the many ways life makes you happy, you can't help but realize happiness is all around you!  This is my little list...oh, but there are so many more. **Please note that these are in no particular order...

1. Road trips - Nashville, college trips (so many), sing-a-longs in the car, constant laughing, stopping for snacks....
2. Cape Hatteras - salt in the air, sand at my feet, large lighthouse in the distance, sunsets, the sound, peace...
3. Girl's Beach Trip - finding the perfect spot, sleeping in, staying up late laughing, Bonefish, breakfast for dinner, puzzles, games, sunscreen (and aloe for the inevitable sunburn)...
4. Books - the smell, the adventure, the plot, the characters, the sadness when it's over...
5. Cupcakes - perfect decoration, sweet icing, moist cake, perfect size, perfect amount...
6. E-mails from friends - catching up, writing back, looking forward to what's to come
7. Pictures from Long Ago... - memories, thoughts, perfectly captured moment
8. Sunday Lunch - Granny's perfect food, sweet dessert, discussions around the table
9. Mom and Dad - listening ear, grand hugs, great advice, loving hearts
10. Journals - quotes, thoughts, mind ramblings, pictures, cards, memories
11. Childhood friends - make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other is the shiniest gold...
12. Quotes - wise words, funny thoughts, words to live by
13. Family - laughter, love, happiness, memories
14. Garland Girls - everlasting bond, faith, stories to last a lifetime, best times ever
15. Teaching - challenging, rewarding, wonderful memories, always learning
16. Baking - sweet, frustrating bliss
17. Old cards and notes - memories with a tiny fold
18. Laughing - the best medicine
19. Traveling - new place, new adventures, pictures, memories
20. Hugs - the 20 second rule, comfort, love, reassurance

As I finish this, I realize there are so many more.  Which I think was the whole point of doing this little activity.  Making lists is a happy thing for me too, so this was even better :)

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...