Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Quotes of the Week

It is no secret that I am a lover of words and quotes.  Somehow, people seem to say words in such a delicious way, that I want to eat every morsel.  How do they do that?  I have almost 5 journals full of quotes.  Words of wisdom, great sayings, thoughtful things...so jealous of their creativity, but grateful all the same.

"I liked that sentence then and I like that sentence now but then I had no way of making any sense of it, I could only keep it in my mind's eye, where it rested and grew in the embryo that would become my imagination."  -Jamaica Kincaid  from See Now Then

"You only get ONE life.  It's actually your DUTY to live it as FULLY as possible." -Jojo Moyes from Me Before You

"We never needed best friend gear because I guess with real friends you don't have to make it official.  It just is." -Mindy Kaling 

"Memories are simply moments that refuse to be ordinary." -Diane Keaton

"Maybe what we say to each other is not so important after all, but just that we are alive together, and present for each other as best we can be." -Anne Lamott

"Because you are defined not by life's imperfect moments, but by your reaction to them.  And because there is joy in embracing - rather than running screaming from - the utter absurdity of life." -Jenny Lawson (whom I ADORE)

"Fear, to a great extent, is born of a story we tell ourselves, and so I choose to tell myself a different story from the one women are told.  I decided I was SAFE.  I was STRONG.  I was BRAVE." -Cheryl Strayed

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...