Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekly Pics 3/4-3/10

In a MAJOR effort to procrastinate and put off cleaning, grading, and organizing my closet, I thought I'd go ahead and blog a bit.  Great idea.  This past week was a busy one.  I'm anxiously awaiting spring break which is in a few weeks.  I'm also anxiously awaiting some WARM weather.  I'm over winter...officially.

This next week isn't too busy, but very exciting because my cousin, Katy, is having her baby girl!  I can't wait to meet her :)  I'm also going back to full-time teaching after having a student teacher.  I'm ready to get back to my kiddies, but will miss the time I've had to complete some other projects.  Back to juggling and finding the happy medium in doing both!

I found these post-its from a couple of students.  Art and a great quote!

After 5 years of teaching, I got my first apple.  Mission complete.

My last big project before my student teacher finished was cleaning my bookshelf and cabinets.  I had a HUGE throwing away crap party.  I cleaned off shelves, went through college notebooks, and filed about 2,309 papers.  I felt good about the finishing results.  This is just a small sampling from my bookshelf.  I was able to put all the books I teach, have taught, want to teach, or just love all together.

Funny story with this pic - no I don't usually do "selfies", but this was sent to my bff Case to show her my state of being freaked out.  I got home Friday night from selling tickets at the softball game (see pic below) and went to turn on my bedroom light, when what to I see out of my eye?  A scurrying rodent-spider-large-bug-thing.  I was freaked out and refused to go in my room for the next 3 hours.  Good thing "Inglorious Basterds" was on TNT. 

As mentioned before, I spent Friday afternoon selling softball tickets and attempting to read Shakespeare.  It got a bit too chilly, so I had to wear gloves and that makes for awkward reading.

I spend Saturday morning in bed with Heath.  Yes.

This is my favorite morning view.  Sun coming in, warmly tucked in my bed, and basking in the knowledge I don't have to do a dang thing all day!!

Hope this week is wonderful!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...