Sunday, March 24, 2013

Seeing Red...but in a good way :)

This past Thursday, I got a text from Mrs. McKinney (life mentor and dear friend) asking if I had plans this Friday.  Long story short, she had bought tickets for her 2 girls for Christmas to the Taylor Swift concert, and her husband hurt his back, so he wasn't going to be able to come.  Would I like to come?  Um, YES!

Several years ago, my friend, Case, and I went to a Brad Paisley concert.  It was back in 2007 and Taylor was his opening act.  She was just getting started, but everyone there could see a star in the making.  Fast forward 6 years, and indeed, a star she has become.

I drove to Charlotte right after school and met the McKinney girls at the hotel.  We got ready and headed to Panera for a bite to eat and then off to the concert!

Mrs. McKinney and Grace went to find their seats and Charlie and I went to find ours.  People were sitting in our seats, so my non-confrontational self had to clear my throat and ask them to leave.  Luckily, they knew they were in the wrong seats and got up and moved.  We sat down and got ready for the show.

I have been to many a country concert.  I've seen lots of performers, but I have to say, this was probably one of the most impressive and most entertaining concerts I've ever been to.  From the moment she hit the stage to the time she left, she danced, sang, and put on one heck of a show!  Lots of costume changes, dancers, smoke, confetti, and fun.  I have to say though, one of my favorite parts of the show was when she slowed it down and sang "Tim McGraw" on her guitar.  Took me back to that 2007 concert when she was just getting started.

I know people kind of have a love/hate relationship with her, but she puts on one amazing show, and I don't think anyone can deny that!  I had a lot of fun singing and dancing with Charlie!  It was her first concert and I think...no, I know...she LOVED it!!

Big Taylor truck as we were leaving!

Slowing it down...

Sparks fly!

Dancing and singing and fun

First song!


14,000 people (and I was one of the oldest there)

Charlie had to take a pic of me

Enjoying the show!

Concert buddy!

The girls and Taylor

Queen city

Mrs. McKinney, Charlie, and me at Panera


Marriott

Beautiful trees blooming!


I'm so thankful that I was able to go and the McKinney's asked me!  I had a blast and hope to see Taylor Swift again sometime! 

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...