Sunday, March 31, 2013

Megan's Baby Shower - Part 1 - Getting Ready

I have been QUITE excited about throwing my little Meggie a shower!!  I am so ready to meet my little niece or nephew that I can't stand it!  This was a wonderful way to celebrate the upcoming birth with sweet family and friends.  

Part 1 - Getting ready:

I searched Pinterest for several weeks before I decided on the gender neutral theme of "sweet pea".  I wanted to use lots of yellow and green to make it neutral for whichever gender the little one might be.  Pinterest had amazing ideas, so I quickly made a list and got to work.

I decided to make two banners.  They were super easy to make.  I bought ribbon and went through all my scrapbook papers to find all the "green" themed ones.  Once I found them, I cut out a pattern and went from there to cut out the amount I needed.  I hot glued them to the ribbon and wah-lah!  They looked cute on the tables.

I knew I wanted to have some type of favors, but kept on hitting a blank.  What could I use that was green, small, and easy to make?  I saw an idea for a small candy bag on Pinterest and went from there.  I went to WalMart and found small plastic candy bags and yellow ribbon.  I then created a label for the shower and backed it with green construction paper.  I hole-punched them and had them to tie onto the bags.  The hardest part was finding green candy.  I decided to go with Skittles.  Three bags later and A LOT of picking out (with clean hands), I got them all separated and put into the bags.  I think they turned out cute!





I had a difficult time deciding what to do for the centerpieces, but Pinterest to the rescue again.  I saw a shower with peas in the vase and knew that was the answer.  I got seven mason jars and filled them with frozen peas and water.  Then I found fake yellow daisies and put four in a jar.

This was the most fun to make!!  Kyle's family rides motorcycles, and I wanted to do something different than a diaper cake.  I saw this on Pinterest and knew I had to make it!  It was super easy to make and has lots of useful items for the mommy-to-be!  The dog was the one I made from Build a Bear several weeks ago, so it all fit in nicely!

This was one of the last things I had to do for the shower.  Going with the "green theme" I made pretzel, M&M, Kiss bites.  They're super easy to make and really, really good!!

Granny helped me make molds (I used Sprite) for the punch.  I had bought little plastic bottles and pacifiers to go in the mold.


I was happy with how these things turned out, but then it was time to put it all together for the big day!

No comments:

The House

Every time I walk to my bedroom, I look in the room that used to be my grandmother's bedroom.  I look for her bed and her laying in it ...